Broccoli ‘n’ cheddar soup
Here’s a simple broccoli soup recipe to warm you up on chilly days. Broccoli is a tasty vegetable scientifically recognized for its value to prostate health. Good taste, good for your prostate!
Serves 4 people. Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 400 g of broccoli
- 175 g of potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 200 g of cheddar cheese
- 1 cube of poultry stock
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Peel and dice the potatoes and the onion. Rinse the broccoli and separate florets. Set aside.
- Sautee the onion on low heat until transparent.
- Add the potatoes and stir.
- Pour in 75cl of water and add the bouillon cube and sugar. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add half the broccoli and continue cooking for around 5 minutes until tender.
- Pour into a blender with the rest of the broccoli. Blend a few seconds.
- Add diced cheddar and blend again until the mixture is liquid. Serve with nice crisp French bread.